Association of Alberta Sexual Assault Services – Counselling Adult Survivors of Sexual Violence Course
Offers a 12 week intermediate level online integrative course designed for counsellors, therapists, and other mental health practitioners.
- a 12 week intermediate level online integrative course designed for counsellors, therapists, and other mental health practitioners who are new to working with survivors of sexual violence, or who may be already working with survivors and would like to more deeply inform their counselling practice
- introduction to various modalities, theories, principles and ethics associated with working with survivors of sexual violence
- integrative, mindfulness-based approach to ongoing assessment and interventions with adult survivors (all genders) of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse
- current theory including feminist, attachment, regulation, and interpersonal neurobiology
- evidence-based practices, including mindfulness, cognitive, emotion-centred, somatic, and other emergent approaches for trauma, addiction and mental health
- an understanding of culturally relevant practice